“Continuing Education” Technology-Enhanced Items Webinar was a HUGE success!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the New Technology-Enhanced Item Types webinar last week!
In case you missed it, this Technology-Enhanced Items Tutorial will catch you up! The following are some FAQs from the webinar:
1. What are Technology-Enhanced Items (TEI)?
Computer-delivered items that require students to carry out specialized interactions in order to solve a problem or answer a question. TEI allow the Stride Academy system to collect valuable student response data.
2. Why have we added Technology-Enhanced Items to Stride Academy?
To prepare students for PARCC, Smarter Balanced, ACT Aspire and other technology-based assessments which test national or state standards using these same question formats . Using TEI in Stride Academy allows students to have practice with these types of problems before taking state assessments, so the specialized interactions become second nature. With TEI, students are required to demonstrate deeper understanding in more ways than the traditional multiple choice questions, and TEI allows for constructive responses.
3. In what grades are Technology-Enhanced Items available?
Grades 3 through High School.
4. In what subjects are Technology-Enhanced Items available?
Currently, Mathematics and Reading.
5. How do Technology-Enhanced Items align with state standards / Common Core?
TEI are written to skills that unpack the individual state and national standards.
6. What types of Technology-Enhanced Items will be seen in Stride Academy?
- Drag and Drop, available in Mathematics and Reading
- Drop Down Menu, available in Mathematics
- Highlighting, available in Reading
- Ordering, available in Mathematics and Reading
- Written Response, available in Mathematics
- Plotting Points, available in Mathematics
- Evidence-Base Selected Response (Part A / Part B), available in Mathematics
- Multiple Selected Response, available in Mathematics and Reading.
7. Are Stride Academy standard features available on Technology-Enhanced Items?
Yes. TEI are also supported by targeted PDF lessons, video lessons, the calculator, dictionary and scratch pad.
8. Will rationales still be available on Technology-Enhanced Items?
Yes. If a student does not fully answer the question or if a student answers a question incorrectly on a first attempt, a rationale (educational explanation for the incorrect or incomplete answer) will appear. For TEI, rationales will be more general to a particular skill since there are many ways that a student can answer the question.
9. What is next for Technology-Enhanced Items?
Weekly throughout 2014-15, the LTS development team will release additional new TEI for each grade level in Mathematics and Reading. We will continue to examine any new changes to TEI in PARCC, Smarter Balanced, ACT Aspire and other technology-based assessments being utilized by school districts across the country. LTS will ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers to help with preparing for these assessments and developing students’ deeper understanding of rigorous skills and standards.
For more information, check out our new video on YouTube!
Thanks for joining us and be sure to keep an eye out for more informative webinars to keep you up to date with what is going on with Stride Academy!